Murphy's Law Version:
1. If it's trash day, the trash men will wait patiently at the end of your street until you have both babies read to and tucked in for afternoon naps and then they will come barreling and crashing down your street.
2. No matter how much prep you do (ie. filling sippy cups, checking diapers, doling out snacks, getting toys out, putting in the favorite movie of the week, topping off sippy cups), as soon as you try to talk on the phone, someone will need something desperately.
3. Even if you keep your pajama shirt on until the very second that you plan to walk out the door, someone will still manage to smear you with snot, tears, fishy cracker crumbs or worse.
4. When you finally break down and vacuum, someone will proceed to dump out the fishy crackers so they can "swim in the ocean" or throw Rice Krispy confetti or dump sunflower seed kernels everywhere right after you do so.
5. Toddlers will spend an entire playdate fighting over one toy, pushing each other, having temper tantrums, making huge messes, being "HUNGRY!" ....right up until you are ready to go. Then they will all settle down quietly on the couch to read a book together while smiling and chatting. Every. Single. Time.