Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Home, sweet home.

This past weekend I was able to fly down to Duke to see Tricia, Nate and Gwyneth. Wow! What a fun time I had. I arrived Friday late afternoon and we went right to the hospital to see Gwyneth. Oh my! She has gotten so big and plump. I was able to hold her for the first time and she snuggled right in. Saturday Tricia and I spent the day together getting her meds all organized and straightening up her apartment and just talking. It was so nice! First of all, I haven't heard her voice in four months, so that was amazing! Second, it was nice to just be in a living room and hang out without nurses coming and going. We even took a short trip to look at baby gear. Sunday we had more time together and then went one last time to see the Big G. Tricia fed her a bottle and she was a champ. Hard work being four pounds! Tricia is a total natural at being a Mommy...I think it may have something to do with the fact that she held, played with, babysat and changed diapers on all five of my kiddies from the time she was twelve years old. Here are some pictures from my visit....

6 comments:

JENNIKIR said...

yay for sister bonding!!!!!
Glad you had a fabulous visit. looking forward to seeing you next weekend:)

Florida_Mom said...

So glad you had a great weekend. Tricia is blessed to have such a wonderful and supportive family.

Myra
(CFH Blog Addict)

Shelly said...

so glad you got to go down and that you had a nice time! i can't wait to hear all about it!

Patty said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit! :) Next trip for their homecoming to the OBX maybe?

beth said...

sounds like an awesome time!!!!
Glad u r back safe and sound. see u soon friend!

MilePost13 said...

yes, what a nice visit it was!!! looking forward to seeing you again. Maybe I'll be free then and get to see everyone!!!!

tricia